JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER, PRESIDENT OF AEROSPACE GROUP, CEO OF MID-AMERICA AEROTECH
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
PREPARED DATE: FEBRUARY 23, 2023
SUMMARY: Oversees the business development of industry specific cold spray applications and services. Introduce, develop, and grow customers in specific industries including research and development opportunities by presenting business case goals, and objectives. This role will include working closely with all Military Branches as well as the Office as the Secretary of Defense (OSD). Also establish and direct a presence on capital hill leading to needed funding for technological advancement and incorporation of cold spray technology into DOD sustainment operations both domestic and international.
SALARY RANGE: $120,000 – $180,000
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and own a formal strategic plan for identifying and developing industry specific cold spray applications
- Develop the business case and structure (industry specific) with clearly defined goals, including but not limited to capital and inventory needs, revenue goals, cost targets, employment needs and timelines
- Set and monitor development targets
- Coordinate development action plans for specific customers
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of objectives
- Develop and direct industry specific team and sales training
- Evaluate performance of sales staff while providing feedback, support, and coaching
- Develop strategies and techniques for achieving the development and sales goals
- Investigate potential customers and generate leads for specific industries
- Manage customer relationships to include assistance with execution of purchase orders
- Develop sales presentations and proposals
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts
- Track, collate, interpret, and report customer development and sales figures
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue and generate timely sales reports, including yearly & multi-year reports
- Assist in developing pricing rates
- Prepare, monitor and control industry specific sales budget with the sales team
- Analyze data from market research analyst and industry for opportunities
- Develop promotional ideas and material with Marketing Manager
- Responsible for brand promotion with the Marketing Manager
- Actively service customers, generate quotes, and attend trade shows/meetings
- Participate in business development strategy development
- Successfully present technical information at the right level to target customers
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Sales Development Representative, Account Manager, Sales Engineer
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical specialty preferred
- 5 years of sales and/or strategic planning experience preferred
- MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in leadership positions preferred
- Experience with DOD operations, sustainment, and contracting preferred
- Strong written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills
- Read and interpret documents in English such as contract rules, government regulations, newspapers, periodicals, and journals
- Able to develop, write, format, and communicate policy and procedure
- Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
- Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or employees
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel at an advanced level
- Proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on personal experience and personal opinions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, accept constructive criticism
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Travel as required (approximately 40% of time)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.
It is the policy of VRC Metal Systems not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at the Company. The Company will continue to take affirmative action to ensure that individuals are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment practices.
Employees and applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans are encouraged to inform Human Resources if they need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified. The Company makes, and will continue to make, reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to promote the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.