JOB TITLE: RECEPTIONIST/OFFICE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT I
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
PREPARED DATE: JANUARY 4, 2021
SUMMARY: This person will manage all front desk responsibilities pertaining to greeting, directing, and escorting customers. They will answer, screen and forward incoming calls to appropriate individuals. They will also assist in daily administrative tasks such as scheduling, filing, mailing, ordering supplies, data entry, running errands, and assistance in organizing events. This person must be warm and welcoming with a willingness to help. They will strive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy taking
on new challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Greet, direct and escort customers and visitors with a pleasant and helpful attitude
• Professionally handle all incoming calls as the company’s first point of contact
• Order office supplies and maintain copier areas
• Enter and maintain information in databases
• Assist with customer orders and make entries into ERP system
• Paper and digital document retention filing
• Assist with organizing company events
• Order and pickup food for company meetings and customer visits
• Pick up supplies and run errands, as needed
• Organize and distribute employee birthday cards
• Assist with creating the monthly company newsletter
• Provide other clerical and administrative support to the CEO’s Executive Assistant as requested
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism while working with customers, vendors, and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
• Two years’ experience in an office environment preferred\
• Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure
manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, brochures, and sales documents
• Strong proof-reading skills for grammar and punctuation
• Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format,
and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
• Strong communication skills with the ability to speak effectively in English on the phone and in person with customers
• Proficient: basic math skills with attention to detail
• Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
• Highly proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information.
• Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with
internal and external customers, and accept constructive criticism
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.
It is the policy of VRC Metal Systems not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at the Company. The Company will continue to take affirmative action to ensure that individuals are employed, and that employees are treated
during employment, without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment practices.
Employees and applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans are encouraged to inform Human Resources if they need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified. The Company makes, and will continue to make, reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to promote the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.