JOB TITLE: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: LEGAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
PREPARED DATE: OCTOBER 14, 2021
SUMMARY: Oversees all aspects of government contracts to include identification of opportunity, application, and
management of awards received. Responsibilities include discovery of opportunities, creating productive relationships with
awarding organizations and seeking specialized assistance as necessary to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility
in a safe and satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Identify Contract Opportunities
• Coordinate proposal writing opportunities
• Lead proposal writing teams
• Ensure all pre and post award requirements, reports and timelines are met
• Liaison between VRC and appropriate agencies
• Work with Legal to review contract agreements
• Prepare subcontract agreements
• Execute subcontractor modifications when needed
• Prepare and communicate monthly reporting for PIs, Accounting, and President/COO
• Ensure closeout procedures are complete and on-time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions. Other duties
may be assigned.
May temporarily supervise 2 to 10 employees on projects, including employees from other departments.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum bachelor level degree in business related specialty;
• Preferred 5 years’ contract or grant writing experience strongly preferred; combination of education and experience
will be considered
• Read and interpret documents in English such as contract rules, government solicitations, applications, newspapers,
periodicals, and journals
• Able to develop, write, format, and communicate policy and procedure
• Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format,
and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
• Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or employees
• Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel at an advanced level
• Proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
• Proficient in accessing governmental portals
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
• Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on personal experience and
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see
differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the
worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with
people, and accept constructive criticism.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features
are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.
It is the policy of VRC Metal Systems not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment,
advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments,
benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without
reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at the Company. The
Company will continue to take affirmative action to ensure that individuals are employed, and that employees are treated
during employment, without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment practices.
Employees and applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans are encouraged to inform Human Resources if they need a
reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified. The Company makes, and will continue to
make, reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee
to promote the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, unless such accommodations would
impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.