JOB TITLE: CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
PREPARED DATE: JULY 22, 2022
SUMMARY: Assists with all aspects of the customer support department by working to accomplish: • System installation execution
- Machine-side familiarization and on-site training
- Service after the sale including warranty service, repair, and wear part sales
- Works in Production to assist in the manufacture of Cold Spray machines
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and maintain an excellent customer service experience and develop engaged customers • Assist with completion of annual calibration and other contracted maintenance activities including warranty service, upgrades, etc.
- Troubleshoot electrical and inert gas/high pressure machine failures either in-person or via electronic communications
- Work with and understand principles of dust collection, robotics, high pressure inert gas, high voltage electrical, and fine metal particles
- At direction of CSM, develop service procedures, policies, and standards
- Conveys inputs from customers and own expertise on cold spray applications and equipment • Provides training to all customers on cold spray systems, equipment, maintenance, and inspections • Provides input on training curriculums
- Provides input to Engineering and Production departments on owner/operator manuals, and system enhancements • Performs cold spray field applications/fee for service as required
- Provides input and helps administer customer satisfaction survey
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions into the EstiTrack system (MRP/ ERP system). Analyze input records, customer satisfaction, installations, and training and compile accurate reports • Must be able and willing to travel frequently to perform installations, warranty, and service repairs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge required
- Read and interpret documents in English such as contract rules, warranty documents, schematics, and equipment logs • Develop, write, format, and communicate policy and procedure
- Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
- Speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or employees
1 of 2
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form • Read and interpret machine logs and manuals
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths, lengths, and colors of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work effectively in a changing environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with students, and accept constructive criticism.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.
It is the policy of VRC Metal Systems not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at the Company. The Company will continue to take affirmative action to ensure that individuals are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment practices.
Employees and applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans are encouraged to inform Human Resources if they need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified. The Company makes, and will continue to make, reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to promote the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.