Job Title: Cold Spray Technician – off-site
Reports To: PROJECT LEADER
FLSA Status: NOn-Exempt – full time
Prepared Date: JANUARY 28, 2020
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for operating cold spray machines manufactured by VRC and those made by competing companies. They will assist other cold spray technicians when needed, work in teams, and assist engineers in design changes and trouble shooting. This position will require at least 3 months of training at VRC before relocating to a site for a determined amount of time.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as required by the tasks at hand. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be able to physically relocate globally for periods ranging from a few months to more that one year
- Given a complete recipe, use the selected cold spray machine to execute the prescribed process
- Handle consumable materials that may include toxic powdered metal
- Process powdered metal for cold spray application
- Use proper procedures to handle high-pressure gasses
- Prepare substrates of various kinds to receive powder application
- Keep spray areas cleaned as needed
- Knowledge and proper use of common hand tools for machine assembly
- Familiar with power tools for machine assembly tasks and proper use
- Competent in the use of testing and measuring equipment such as electrical multi-testers, pressure and vacuum gauges, torque measuring tools, calipers, micrometers, and other precision measuring equipment
- Maintain workstation condition and proper level of consumable supplies
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Two years of experience in a general electronic technology repair or operation environment
- Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, cold spray recipes, operating and maintenance instructions, work instructions, procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and brochures
- Write routine reports, correspondence, inventory summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
- Ability to speak effectively in English on the phone and in person with coworkers
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all team members
- Proficient: basic math skills with high attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel at an intermediate level
- Proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
- Ability to quickly learn computer applications, such as inventory tracking and management software
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Read and interpret design documents and schematics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in color, widths, and lengths of lines such as those on design and schematic drawings.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with internal customers and external vendors and customers, and accept constructive criticism
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.