JOB TITLE: COLD SPRAY TECHNICIAN – OFF SITE (DOD LOCATION)
REPORTS TO: CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
PREPARED DATE: DECEMBER 3, 2021
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for operating cold spray machines manufactured by VRC. They will assist other cold
spray technicians when needed, work in teams, and assist engineers in design changes and trouble shooting. This position will
require at least 3 months of training at VRC before relocating to a site for a determined amount of time.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and
responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the
tasks at hand. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Physically relocate globally for periods ranging from a few months to more than 1 year
• Perform hand sprays and robotic sprays
• Program robots to perform spray functions
• Operate cold spray machine to execute prescribed spray processes with precision
• Use proper procedures and PPE to handle consumable materials that include powdered metals and inert high
pressure compressed gases
• Prepare substrates of various kinds to receive powder applications
• Perform preventative maintenance, calibration, repair, and troubleshooting of cold spray system
• Use power tools such as grinders, drills, and saws for spray project preparation or finishing
• Use testing and measuring equipment such as electrical multi-testers, pressure gauges, torque measuring tools,
calipers, micrometers, and other precision measuring equipment
• Maintain qualifications on essential equipment and processes in accordance with DOD directives
• Directly communicate and collaborate with client or VRC personnel to develop and implement successful cold spray
repairs or to address concerns or issues as they arise
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other
duties may be assigned.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associate degree or higher strongly preferred
• Experience in Sales, Customer Support, or other customer-facing role strongly preferred
• Two years of proven on the job training (OJT) in a machining related, or manufacturing operational environment
• Robotic programming experience strongly preferred, but not required
• Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, cold spray recipes, operating and maintenance
instructions, work instructions, procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and brochures
• Write routine reports, correspondence, inventory summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and
conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
• Ability to speak effectively in English on the phone and in person with coworkers
• Ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all team members and collaborative partners
• Ability to handle communication with customers in an extremely professional manner
• Proficient in basic math skills with high attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
• Proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Read and interpret design documents, machine drawings and schematics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to see
differences in color, widths, and lengths of lines such as those on design and schematic drawings.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the
worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, communicate well with others, effectively
deal with internal customers and external vendors and customers, and accept constructive criticism
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features
are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.
It is the policy of VRC Metal Systems not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment,
advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments,
benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without
reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at the Company. The
Company will continue to take affirmative action to ensure that individuals are employed, and that employees are treated
during employment, without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment practices.
Employees and applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans are encouraged to inform Human Resources if they need a
reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified. The Company makes, and will continue to
make, reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee
to promote the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, unless such accommodations would
impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.